Monday, June 15, 2009


6/8 - 6/13 - This was a pretty typical week for Kimberly. She woke up happy in the mornings, played with the grandparents around lunch & nap time and dinner, bath & bed with us in the evenings. There didn't seem to be as many tantrums as last weekend. We did have a small issue on Thursday when I locked Kim and the keys in my car at the Post Office. Kimberly was waving bye-bye to me the whole time that she was inside and I was out. Lucky for me the Police Dept was across the street and they had my car open in less than five minutes. Unlucky for me the officer told me that my license was expired. Lucky for me I didn't get a ticket, but promised to get it renewed on Saturday (which I did). Friday morning we had our first doctor's appt with the pediatrician, which lasted two hours. She looked her over and reviewed her charts. We talked about her progress and our concerns. She didn't have any of the results back from University Hospital, so it was hard to decide what to do. She prescribed a multi-vitamin with fluoride and suggested we see a pedia-dentist. She also recommended a hearing evaluation for now and speech evaluation down the road. She will make a referral to Help Me Grow, the early intervention people in Portage County. She is between the 25 and 50 percentile for height and weight in american kids and Dr Adams was pleased with everything she saw. Best of all - there were no tears! We'll go back in a month for a follow up visit and 2 year old immunizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment